There’s just something about a scrumptious strawberry spinach salad that truly hits the spot. It’s light, fresh, and oh-so-delicious. Plus, it’s jam-packed with nutrients – so you can really feel good about sharing this treat with your loved ones. I’ve been perfecting this tasty dish for years, and I’m thrilled to share my secrets with you!
First things first: the greens. You’ll want to start with a hearty helping of baby spinach. You know what they say, the darker the leaf, the better – and baby spinach sure packs a powerful punch! But no need to overdo it – we ain’t making a whole garden here.
Next up, let’s talk berries. I mean, a strawberry spinach salad just isn’t complete without those juicy red morsels. While picking your berries, make sure they are fresh, ripe, and firm. Nobody wants a mushy salad! Oh, and don’t forget to hull those babies. I find it oh-so-therapeutic – it’s my Zen moment in the kitchen.
Now, for some crunch! I’m a sucker for a little something-something that adds a nice snap to each bite. Enter the wonderful world of nuts. Slivered almonds, candied walnuts, or even pecans will do the trick. Just a handful will make your salad both nutritious and unexpectedly crunchy.
Delightful cheese crumbles are my pièce de résistance when it comes to this lovely concoction. A little (or a lot, who’s counting?) of feta or blue cheese will add that tangy kick your taste buds so crave.
Hold your horses! We can’t forget about the dressing. My go-to involves whisking together some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Alternatively, a nice poppy seed dressing pairs well too.
And there you have it: the best darn strawberry spinach salad you’ll ever have. It’s a crowd-pleaser, so don’t hesitate to showcase your kitchen skills at the next family gathering or potluck!
Bon appétit, my friends, and berry on!
- Gather ingredients: baby spinach, fresh strawberries, nuts (slivered almonds, candied walnuts, or pecans), cheese (feta or blue cheese), balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Start with a bowl of baby spinach.
- Carefully wash and hull fresh strawberries, then slice or halve the berries.
- Add desired amount of strawberries to the spinach.
- Choose your preferred nuts and add a handful to the salad for an added crunch.
- Sprinkle your choice of cheese (feta or blue cheese) over the salad for a tangy kick.
- In a separate small bowl, create the dressing: whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your freshly made Strawberry Spinach Salad!
That was fresh!