There’s nothin’ like the sweet scent of honey drizzled over sizzling salmon to get your taste buds in a frenzy. I’m telling ya, prepping honey garlic salmon is not only super easy, but also absolutely delectable. It’s my secret weapon when I want to impress my family and friends with a stunning, healthy dish. Honestly, cooking this beauty should be on everyone’s go-to list for a lip-smacking dinner party.
Alright, buckle up for a whirlwind trip to Flavor Town. So, first things first, you’ll need to pick out some top-notch salmon fillets. Be sure to hunt for the most vibrant, pink, and fresh pieces – don’t ya dare settle for anything less than perfection. I mean, we ain’t playing around with this scrumptious creation!
Once you’ve got your salmon, sidetrack a bit and get your marinade rolling. Man-oh-man, is this where the magic really starts to happen. Mix together finger-lickin’-good ingredients like honey, soy sauce, garlic, and lemon juice – boy, I’m drooling just thinking about it. Don’t be shy, give that sauce a good stir like you mean it!
Next up, gently slip those fabulous fillets into the marinade bath and let ’em soak up all that amazing goodness for the next 30 minutes. By golly, they should be submerged in flavor by the end of it!
After 30 minutes of marinade magic, pop your pan on the stovetop and crank up the heat. Once it’s good and hot, you’ll want to sear those succulent salmon fillets to perfection – about 4-5 minutes per side should do the trick. And don’t ya forget to spoon some extra sauce over them while they’re cooking away!
Serve that divine honey garlic salmon over a bed of steamed veggies or fluffy rice and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley or cilantro for that final touch. Sit back, soak in the adoration from your guests, and dig into a meal you won’t forget anytime soon – bon appétit!
- 4 fresh salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
Prepare the marinade:
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, and lemon juice.
Marinate the salmon:
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish or ziplock bag and pour marinade over the fillets.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cook the salmon:
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place fillets in the skillet, skin-side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spoon extra marinade onto the fillets during cooking, ensuring they are well coated.
Thicken the remaining marinade for sauce (optional):
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining marinade to a gentle boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water and stir into the boiling marinade.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Serve and garnish:
- Plate the cooked salmon fillets over steamed vegetables or rice.
- Drizzle with the thickened sauce (if desired) and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Enjoy your delicious honey garlic salmon!
That was fresh!