You know that feeling you get when you’re just craving something light, fresh, and utterly irresistible? It’s like your taste buds are begging you for a little dance party, and boy, do I have the perfect dish that’ll hit the spot! Enter the Crispy Cucumber Tomato Salad. Trust me; your friends and family will be raving about it for days!
Now, just between you and me, the secret to mastering this dish is all about the veggies. I mean, who can resist the crispness of a perfectly sliced cucumber? Not me, that’s for sure! And let’s not forget about those juicy, ruby-red tomatoes that just scream summertime. It’s like a match made in heaven!
But, okay, enough with the small talk! Let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of this bad boy of a salad. First things first, you’ll want to grab yourself a decent-sized mixing bowl – the bigger, the better! This is gonna be the ultimate salad-making station, my friend. Next up, the cucumbers! Listen, I’m no veggie wizard, but choosing the right cucumber for the job is crucial. You want ’em firm, fresh, and preferably still wrapped in their plastic jackets. (The jackets help keep them crisp! Gorgeous!)
With your cucumbers picked and prepped, it’s time to bring out the big guns, er, tomatoes! Honestly, it’s all about personal preference here, but I love using cherry or grape tomatoes. They’re bite-sized and adorable, amirite? Simply slice ’em in half and toss them into the mixing bowl.
So, once you’ve wrangled up the rest of the ingredients like thinly sliced onions, handfuls of fresh herbs, and a lip-smackin’ good vinaigrette (I adore a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper…Ohh baby!), it’s time to get your mixing game on! Gently toss that delightful cucumber-tomato-onion-herb mixture until everything is evenly coated with the vinaigrette.
And there you have it – one utterly scrumptious, ridiculously addictive Crispy Cucumber Tomato Salad that’s just begging to be gobbled up. Don’t forget to share the love (and the salad) with your friends and family. I promise you; they’ll be asking for seconds! Happy eating!
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry cucumbers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Peel cucumbers and cut them into thin slices.
- Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Chop fresh parsley and basil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cucumber slices, tomato halves, onion slices, parsley, and basil.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cucumber-tomato-onion mixture.
- Gently toss the salad to evenly coat the vegetables with the vinaigrette.
- At this point, if time allows, cover the salad and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- When ready to serve, give the salad another gentle toss to redistribute the dressing.
- Transfer the Crispy Cucumber Tomato Salad to a serving dish and enjoy with family and friends!
That was fresh!