You know what they say, the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach! And oh boy, I’ve got the perfect recipe that’s got me strutting my way into my loved ones’ hearts. That finger-licking Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken, y’all!
Now, we’re talking fresh ingredients here, folks – none of that deep-freeze nonsense. First things first, I grab some plump and juicy chicken thighs from the farmer’s market. Of course, if you’re a fan of other cuts, go ahead and indulge – the world is your oyster!
As for the marinade, we’ll need the zestiest lemons ever. I love to squeeze these buggers and catch all that tangy goodness. Then, it’s time for the mess free part – wait, who am I kidding? We got to mince some garlic cloves, folks. Make sure your hands won’t be too garlicky, a quick trick is to rub them against stainless steel to get rid of the smell (wink!)
With the marinade mixed, in go the chicken pieces to soak up that magnificence. A quick tip: to make the flavors dance the waltz, let the flavor party commence overnight in the fridge – trust me, it’s worth the wait.
Now, butter up that skillet, and cook the chicken until golden brown. Do you hear that sizzle? Oh yes, that’s the sound of love. Don’t forget to pour that left-over marinade; we wouldn’t want any of that goodness going to waste.
Once that chicken is cooked to perfection, it’s go-time: plating up! Serve it with a side of roasted veggies, or maybe even some quinoa, and witness those approving nods.
And there you have it – Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken that will sweep your friends and family off their feet! Can I get a yum?
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in a ziplock bag or a container with a lid. Pour the garlic and lemon mixture over the chicken. Make sure each piece is well coated. Seal the bag or container.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove chicken from marinade, ensuring to save the remaining marinade for later use.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin-side down, in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Be sure to evenly distribute it.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
- Enjoy with your choice of side dish or vegetables.
That was fresh!