Oh boy! Is there anything more satisfying than rustling up a mouthwatering dish for your nearest and dearest? I reckon not. Today, we’re going on culinary expedition, deep into the heart of the sea, and we’re fishing for the king of lean, white, flaky fish – cod. But we’re not frying it or serving it in a boat-load of butter. No siree, we’re going for the ultimate healthy dish: Baked Cod.
First things first, folks, sourcing the main attraction. Fresh as a daisy is the standard I usually aim for – so if you can, do snag your piece of cod straight off the boat – the fresher, the better.
Once your prize is back home, it’s time to switch gears. Now, I like to keep things simple. A little evoo – extra virgin olive oil, for the uninitiated – a squeeze of fresh lemon, a sprinkle of herbs, and a dash of salt and pepper are all I require.
Then, it’s into the oven the fillets go! Like a kid in a candy store, I can hardly contain my excitement as the kitchen starts to fill with that wonderful aroma. You know the one – the inviting scent that sneakily whispers, “Come and get it!” It’s the same one that transforms your home into the most popular joint on the block.
Ah, the timer dings! Our masterpiece is ready. Fetching it out of the oven – that’s the moment of truth. Each steaming fillet, perfectly browned and flaky, practically begging to be eaten.
Now, sit back and bask in the shower of compliments. Baking Cod isn’t just about making a meal, it’s an adventure – an exciting escapade that leaves you, your kitchen, and your loved ones teeming with delight. Bon appétit, y’all!
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Place your cod fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over each fillet.
- Brush each fillet with a modest amount of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper over each fillet.
- Add a light dusting of your preferred dried herbs. Thyme, basil, or oregano all work wonderfully.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and opaque.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Serve immediately while hot.
- Enjoy your baked cod with a side of sautéed vegetables or a fresh green salad for an extra healthy kick. Bon appétit!
That was fresh!