One of my greatest joys in life is gathering friends and family around the dinner table to enjoy a home-cooked meal made with love, sweat, and maybe even a few tears–but mostly love! Last week, I whipped up a fresh and healthy delight that had everyone raving – Parmesan Green Beans! Trust me, honey, you ain’t lived until you’ve sunk your teeth into these delicious puppies!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of any good ol’ green bean recipe, but there’s just something about that salty, crispy Parmesan coating that has everyone reaching for seconds–and then thirds. It’s a real treat for the taste buds, and it’s not half bad for the waistline either!
Making these delicious little morsels is a piece of cake. First, ya gotta shop for some fresh, bright green beans – you know, the kind that snap like your toddler’s fingers when you break ’em in half. No mushy, overcooked beans allowed in this house, uh-uh!
Next, I always wash and trim the beans, and give ’em a good pat-down with a paper towel to get off any excess water. Now, onto the good stuff – the coating! In a separate dish, mix up some grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and a hearty dash of love.
Now, for the grand finale – cooking up these babies! I line a baking sheet with parchment paper and plop the beans on there in a single layer. Drizzle some olive oil over the top, and give ’em a good ol’ toss to make sure they’re coated. Sprinkle your Parmesan mixture over those bad boys and it’s time to let the oven do its magic. Pop ’em in at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes, and voila!
Once they’re cooked to crispy, cheesy perfection, just say grace and watch ’em disappear before your very eyes! My family goes nuts for these Parmesan Green Beans, and I’m tellin’ ya, your loved ones will too!
- Gather ingredients: fresh green beans, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse green beans thoroughly under cool water.
- Trim ends of green beans and discard any damaged ones.
- Pat green beans dry using a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a small bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange green beans on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over green beans and toss gently to ensure even coating.
- Sprinkle prepared Parmesan mixture evenly over green beans.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until beans are tender and Parmesan is golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer Parmesan Green Beans to a serving dish and enjoy!
That was fresh!