Let me let you in on a little secret of mine – my all-time favorite recipe for Turkey Tacos with Cauliflower Rice. Oh, believe me, it’s a game-changer! Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also fresh, healthy, and easy to put together. The best part? My family and friends always come back for seconds, and I know your loved ones will too!
So, what do you say? Ready, set, cook! First things first – gather your ingredients. One of the things I love about this recipe is that it’s filled with fresh veggies and low on carbs. It really hits the spot without leaving you feeling heavy and bloated. For the turkey, I prefer using ground turkey that’s 93% lean. It’s just the right amount of fat for delicious flavor without being too greasy.
Now, I know you hear cauliflower rice and automatically think it’s going to be boring, but trust me when I say you won’t even miss the real deal. It’s got the perfect bite to it, and my secret? I sauté the cauliflower rice with a little onion and garlic, and I promise you’ll forget you’re eating a veggie! Plus, if you haven’t already jumped on the cauliflower bandwagon, now’s your chance.
Okay, back to our tacos. Browning the turkey is a piece of cake! I like to season it with some chili powder, cumin, and oregano. It gives it that zesty kick we all love in a taco. Once it’s cooked, be sure to drain any excess grease before spooning it onto your taco shells. We’re going for healthy here, remember?
Finally, the pièce de résistance – toppings! This is where the magic really happens. Beyond your delicious cauliflower rice, you can never go wrong with classics like avocado, tomato, and some mouth-watering salsa. Heck, throw on a pinch of cheese if you’re in the mood!
Trust me, once you plate these turkey tacos with cauliflower rice, it’ll be a culinary masterpiece you and your loved ones will rave about! And who knows, maybe it’ll even become a staple in your home. Happy cooking!
- 1 lb ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium head cauliflower, riced (about 4 cups)
- Taco shells or lettuce wraps
- Toppings: avocado, tomato, salsa, cheese, cilantro, lime wedges, etc.
Prepare cauliflower rice:
- Remove the leaves and stem from the cauliflower, roughly chop.
- Pulse in a food processor in batches, until small rice-sized pieces are formed.
- Set aside.
Cook ground turkey:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey, break into small pieces with a spatula.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet and set aside.
Cook cauliflower rice:
- In the same skillet, add the riced cauliflower.
- Sauté over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm taco shells or lettuce wraps in the microwave or oven.
- Spoon cooked turkey into shells or wraps.
- Top with cauliflower rice and your choice of toppings.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the top.
- Enjoy your delicious Turkey Tacos with Cauliflower Rice!
That was fresh!