It was a day for the history books, the perfect occasion to whip up a Chicken Parmesan that would knock the socks off my family and friends. Excitement coursed through me as I gathered my ingredients, knowing that soon, my kitchen would be filled with the mouthwatering aroma of this Italian classic.
With my trusty apron donned and my favorite tunes blaring, I set to work. First up: pounding the chicken breasts until they were nice and thin. It’s all about that even cook, am I right? With a satisfied grin, I moved on to the breading. A dip in some beaten eggs and a roll in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning had these bad boys ready for their close-up.
“Time to get sizzling,” I muttered, as I heated up some oil in a skillet. In went the chicken, sizzling and crackling like a symphony to my ears. As they cooked to a crispy, golden perfection, I couldn’t help but feel a pang of anticipation. This was gonna be one heck of a meal!
Once the chicken was cooked through, I smothered each piece with a generous dollop of marinara sauce, lovingly homemade, of course. And what’s Chicken Parmesan without a blanket of gooey, melty cheese? I piled on the mozzarella and slid the whole shebang under the broiler, watching with bated breath as the cheese bubbled and browned.
With a flourish, I pulled my masterpiece from the oven, the tantalizing aroma wafting through the air. I could hardly contain my excitement as I plated up the Chicken Parmesan, garnishing each serving with a sprinkle of fresh basil. “Dig in, everyone!” I announced, unable to keep the pride from my voice.
As we gathered around the table, forks at the ready, I knew I’d hit a home run. The Chicken Parmesan was a triumph, a delicious harmony of flavors and textures that left us all begging for more. And as we laughed, chatted, and savored every last bite, I couldn’t help but think: sometimes, the most memorable meals are the ones shared with the people we love. And this Chicken Parmesan? It was a feast for the ages.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare three shallow dishes: one with 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, one with 2 beaten large eggs, and one with 1 cup of Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip it in the eggs, and coat it evenly with bread crumbs.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce on top of the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken parmesan in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish the chicken parmesan with 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley before serving.
That was fresh!