Oh my goodness, can you believe it’s already time to start preparing another tantalizing meal for my loved ones? I’m head over heels for making homemade, fresh dishes, and let me tell you, these roasted sweet potatoes hit the spot every single time! So ditch those run-of-the-mill white potatoes and join me; I’m going to give you the low-down on how to create this mouthwatering masterpiece.
First things first, we can’t make a fantastic dish without some top-notch ingredients. Hit up your local farmer’s market, if you can, and grab some firm, bright-skinned sweet potatoes. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the kitchen, the better your ingredients, the better your meal’s going to be!
Wash those bad boys, peel ’em up and chop into uniform size. Make sure they’re pretty much the same size, so they all cook evenly. After all, nobody wants to bite into a half-cooked sweet potato, am I right?
Preheat your oven to 425°F while you’re at it. Then, it’s time to toss your sweet potato cubes in a mix of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic powder. I mean, who doesn’t love a kick of garlic in their dish?! Trust me, it’s the bee’s knees.
Now, spread ’em out on a baking sheet like soldiers, but not too close or they’ll get all mushy instead of golden and crispy. I find that 30-40 minutes in the oven usually does the trick. You’ll know they’re done when they’ve got that rich, caramelized skin.
Voilà – go ahead and pat yourself on the back. It’s confession time: I sometimes make a batch to snack on all by myself. Just don’t tell anyone, okay? Seriously though, when you serve up these scrumptious roasted sweet potatoes at your next family gathering or friendly shindig, you’re bound to have everyone clamoring for seconds!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Gather ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Chop sweet potatoes into uniform, bite-sized cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if using).
- Add sweet potato cubes to the oil mixture and toss until fully coated.
- Spread sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are golden and crispy on the outside, flipping halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
That was fresh!