Well, butter my buns and call me a biscuit! When it comes to satisfying my family and friends with a hearty, home-cooked meal, I can’t resist the allure of a perfectly cooked pork chop. You know, the kind that’s tender, juicy, and packed with flavor? Yeah, that’s the ticket!
To get started, I make a beeline for the butcher to pick up some thick-cut, bone-in pork chops. Trust me, the bone-in part is essential – it helps to keep the meat tender and adds a little extra oomph to the flavor.
Next up, it’s time to whip up a lip-smacking, finger-lickin’ marinade for those chops. I grab a bowl and mix together a generous glug of olive oil, a splash of apple cider vinegar, a dollop of Dijon mustard, and a smattering of minced garlic. Oh, and don’t forget the herbs and spices – a sprinkle of rosemary, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper is just the ticket!
I let those pork chops soak up the marinade for a good hour or two, making sure they’re fully infused with all that tasty goodness. Now, it’s time to get cookin’!
I preheat my trusty cast-iron skillet, add a drizzle of oil, and carefully lay in those marinated chops. The sizzle and aroma that fills the kitchen is enough to make your mouth water! I sear the chops for a few minutes on each side, then pop the skillet into a preheated oven to finish ’em off.
Once they’re cooked to perfection, I let the chops rest for a few minutes to lock in all those delicious juices. As I plate up my juicy pork chop creation, I know I’ve hit the nail on the head – these babies are the real deal!
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dried thyme. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the pork chops, pressing the seasoning in with your fingers.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides like mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables.
That was fresh!