There’s nothing more satisfying than gathering my loved ones around the table and treating them to a scrumptious homemade meal. And what better way to warm their hearts and fill their tummies than by whipping up a batch of my famously irresistible Creamy Seafood Chili Soup? Yup, you heard that right: it’s a heavenly marriage of all things comforting, flavorful, and deliciously nutritious. Let me spill the beans on how I create this masterpiece.
First off, gettin’ jiggy with fresh, quality ingredients is key. You know what they say, “you are what you eat”, right? I take pride in picking out vibrant peppers, onions, and tomatoes bursting with color and flavor at my local farmer’s market. I can’t resist filling my basket with delectable shrimp, tender scallops, and a fresh catch of the day. And let’s not forget a handful of fiery jalapeños for that extra kick!
Now the magic begins. In a big ol’ pot, I sauté the veggies and garlic in a generous glug of olive oil until they’re soft and fragrant. The smell, oh my goodness – it’s enough to make your mouth water! I then throw in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and a blend of spices to elevate the soup to a whole new level. It’s chili pow-wow in my kitchen!
As the soup base simmers away, I sneak a taste and adjust the heat to tickle my taste buds just right. Not to forget our showstopping seafood – I gently fold in the shrimp, scallops, and fish, letting ’em cook through and soak in all that flavor goodness. Once they’re cooked to perfection, I swirl in some velvety cream… because who doesn’t love a little touch of indulgence?
Ladling this heartwarming and creamy concoction into bowls, I can see the anticipation in everyone’s eyes. A sprinkle of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime, and voilà! Time to watch my family and friends dig into my Creamy Seafood Chili Soup – the ultimate foodie hug in a bowl. Trust me, nothing beats the joy of sharing a meal you’ve lovingly crafted for the ones who matter most.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 pound firm white fish (such as cod or halibut), cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, red and green bell pepper, and garlic to the pot; sauté until vegetables are softened and fragrant.
- Stir in jalapeño, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring the soup base to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing flavors to meld.
- Add shrimp, scallops, and white fish to the pot, stirring gently to ensure the seafood is evenly distributed.
- Allow seafood to cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Stir in heavy cream, mixing well to create a smooth and creamy base.
- Taste soup and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Serve Creamy Seafood Chili Soup in bowls, garnished with fresh cilantro and accompanied by lime wedges.
- Enjoy with crusty bread or crackers for dipping, and share with loved ones for a comforting and delicious meal.
That was fresh!