When I’m in the mood to whip up something wonderful in the kitchen, there’s nothing quite like the excitement of rolling out my famous rosemary pork meatballs. Now, before you think it’s a piece of cake, let me tell you – great care and attention goes into making these scrumptious little morsels.
First things first: I can’t stress enough how important it is to get your hands on fresh, fragrant rosemary. It’s a game changer, trust me! When the aroma wafts through your kitchen, it’s like Mother Nature herself is in there, cheering you on.
Now, on to the meat of the matter: choosing the right pork. When it comes to meatballs, the fattier the pork, the better. I know – this might go against my health-conscious credentials, but hey, everything in moderation, right? So, roll up your sleeves and let’s make some magic!
As I get down to mixing together the ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, and grated Parmesan, I make sure not to overwork the mixture. A gentle touch will do the trick. Remember: you want those meatballs to be light and tender, not dense as rocks. Oh, and don’t skimp on the spices! A generous sprinkle of salt, pepper, and minced garlic is where it’s at.
Next up: the star of the show – our beloved rosemary. Isn’t it amazing how something so tiny can pack such a punch of flavor? Snip a few sprigs of the fragrant herb and mix it in. Now it’s time to roll out those magnificent meatballs!
No need to break a sweat – keep ’em on the smaller side, say about the size of a golf ball. Perfect for popping into your mouth at a dinner party!
Where there are meatballs, there must be sauce. The secret’s out: my go-to sauce combines diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Hmm, smells divine already!
Finally, it’s time to unite those meatballs with the tangy sauce and let them simmer until done to perfection. Top it all off with a sprig of rosemary, and voilà – rosemary pork meatball heaven!
To see guests’ eyes light up as they savor each juicy, tender bite truly makes it all worthwhile. After all, there’s no greater joy than cooking up a storm and sharing it with those you love.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Olive oil for cooking
For the sauce:
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnishing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix gently until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add minced fresh rosemary to the meat mixture, and mix gently to incorporate.
- Form meatballs by rolling the mixture into golf-ball sized shapes, then set them aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In batches, add meatballs to the skillet and brown them on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside when done.
- In the same skillet, add chopped onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic and let it cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Bring sauce to a simmer, then lower the heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.
- Add the meatballs back into the skillet with the sauce, and let them cook for another 10-12 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve with your favorite side dish, like rice or pasta, and enjoy!
That was fresh!