As a culinary enthusiast, there’s nothing I enjoy more than whipping up a delectable meal for my loved ones. And boy, oh boy, do I have an irresistibly appetizing recipe to share with you today! Say goodbye to mundane mealtime and hello to tantalizing taste buds – this Pork Stroganoff will knock your socks off!
Now, I’ve always been a sucker for a classic beef stroganoff, but who says we can’t shake things up a bit? After much trial and error, I’ve perfected my go-to recipe, adding a little umph to a cozy and ever-so-satisfying dish. So, let’s dive in and get those pots a-stirring, shall we?
To concoct this delightful dish, you’ll need some ingredients that might already be in your pantry. Of course, you’ll need a good pound of pork tenderloin or pork loin—just make sure it’s trimmed and cubed. You’ll also need onions, garlic, and mushrooms for a rich, savory base. And let’s not skimp on the flavors either – grab that all-important paprika, thyme, and parsley from the spice rack.
Up next, my heart and soul: butter and sour cream. Oh, they make all the difference, trust me! Also, don’t forget the trusty salt and pepper, a must-have to bring everything together. And to keep things on the healthier side, I like to swap out the standard egg noodles for whole-wheat egg noodles, spaghetti squash, or even zucchini noodles – talk about delish!
So here’s how it all goes down – start by browning that beautiful pork in a good-sized skillet or Dutch oven. Once we’re golden (literally!), toss in the onions, garlic, and mushrooms, allowing all that goodness to meld together in a buttery symphony. Next, we add our spices, giving your Pork Stroganoff that traditionally irresistible kick. Finally, the pièce de résistance: sour cream. Stir it in, and let this comfort-food masterpiece simmer to perfection.
Voilà! You’ve just reinvented Pork Stroganoff like never before! Don’t be surprised when everyone comes back for seconds, and this becomes a frequent request at future gatherings. Bon appétit!
Gather the following ingredients:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or pork loin, trimmed and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Whole-wheat egg noodles, cooked according to package directions (or spaghetti squash/zucchini noodles for a healthier alternative)
- Preheat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add half of the butter and let it melt, swirling the pan to evenly distribute it.
- Add the pork cubes to the skillet or Dutch oven, cooking until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cooked pork from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the other half of the butter and let it melt.
- Stir in the chopped onion, cooking until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, continuing to cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid and softened, about another 5 minutes.
- Season the mushroom mixture with paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Return the cooked pork to the skillet or Dutch oven, stirring to combine with the mushroom mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and gently stir in the sour cream, fully incorporating it into the pan.
- Let the Pork Stroganoff simmer for 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve the Pork Stroganoff over cooked whole-wheat egg noodles (or your preferred healthy alternative).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy your delicious meal!
That was fresh!