Oh, Brussels sprouts — those adorable little greens that tend to get a bad rap. I must admit, I had my doubts too. But once I stumbled upon this heavenly recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts, it was game over. Now, they’ve quickly become the star of the show whenever I cook for family and friends.
You know what they say, a watched pot never boils. So, I start out by preheating my oven to 400°F, giving it a good head start while I chop the sprouts. Trust me when I say, proper prep work for this scrumptious dish is crucial to forming a crisp and flavorful bite.
Chop off the rough bottoms of the sprouts and halve ’em from top to bottom. Now we’re cookin’! Once you tackle the chopping, it’s time to toss these little darlings in some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Go ahead, don’t be shy — mix ’em up real good with your hands.
Now, lay those beauties down on a baking sheet. Cut side down, please! You want to get that nice charred flavor on the inside. Pop ’em in the oven and let them do their roasting dance for 20-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like ’em. Seriously, is there anything more mouthwatering than the smell of roasting veggies wafting through your kitchen?
Don’t be afraid to shake things up every now and then. I often toss in a few cloves of minced garlic or sprinkle some red pepper flakes on these bad boys for a bit of extra zing. Can you say yummy to the max?
Now, take ’em out of the oven and let them briefly cool, so they’re not too hot to handle. Pair these scrumptious sprouts with some juicy, grilled chicken or roasted salmon for a hearty and healthy family meal.
I kid you not, these roasted Brussels sprouts have become my go-to crowd pleaser. So if you’re ready to rock your tastebuds, give this delectable dish a try. You won’t be disappointed, and your family will be begging for more. Bon appétit!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Rinse and dry 1 pound of Brussels sprouts.
- Trim off the rough ends and remove any discolored outer leaves.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom.
- Place the halved sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Optional: add 2 cloves of minced garlic for extra flavor.
- Optional: sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Toss to combine, ensuring sprouts are evenly coated.
- Arrange sprouts on a large baking sheet, cut side down.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Optional: garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice and/or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious roasted Brussels sprouts!
That was fresh!