You know that feeling when you’re in the mood to whip up something really special for your loved ones, and it needs to tick all the boxes – scrumptious, fresh, healthy and most importantly, easy to make? Well, I’ve got just the perfect dish for you – Creamy Tuna Pasta! Hold your horses, I know what you’re thinking: Tuna pasta? Boring, right? Wrong! This recipe I’m about to share with you will definitely knock your socks off and have everyone coming back for seconds!
So, let’s jump into it head-first, shall we? Before you start rolling up your sleeves, make sure you’ve got everything you need – a can of good-quality tuna (the star of the show), some whole wheat pasta (for that extra bit of fiber), creamy low-fat milk (to keep things light), cheese (because everything’s better with a little gooey goodness) and the usual suspects, like garlic, onions, and some delightful veggies to keep things healthy yet scrumptious.
Alright, now that we’ve got our all-star cast, let’s get down to business. First off, get your pasta on the stove and cooking according to the packet instructions. Moving on! In a big ol’ pot or a deep skillet, sauté that garlic and onion in a smidge of olive oil, till they become a delicious, fragrant medley that makes your mouth water (you know what I’m talking about!)
Next up, it’s vegetable party time! Toss in your favorite medley – I personally LOVE a good combo of zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers – and give it a good stir. If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some Italian herbs or dried basil for an extra burst of flavor. Alright, now let’s get saucy! Mix in your creamy milk, followed by the unforgettable tuna, and let the magic happen. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper to your liking!
Finally, drain your pasta and mix it into your creamy sauce, letting it all get to know each other a bit. Top it off with a generous helping of cheese, and voila! You’ve got yourself a one-pot wonder that’ll have everyone swooning in delight.
- Gather ingredients:
- 1 can of good-quality tuna
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup creamy low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (e.g., zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Italian herbs or dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large pot or deep skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onion until fragrant and tender.
- Add mixed vegetables to pot, and stir to combine.
- Optional: Add dried basil or Italian herbs, as desired.
- Mix in creamy milk, followed by the drained tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to the pot, mixing well to incorporate sauce.
- Finish by topping with shredded cheese, stirring until melted and combined.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Creamy Tuna Pasta!
That was fresh!