Without a doubt, a yawn is just a silent scream for breakfast, and boy, I have got the perfect solution for that! Before you can say ‘jack rabbit’, we’ll whip up a healthy, fresh-as-a-daisy breakfast sandwich that’ll put the spring back in your step.
First things first, the early bird catches the worm – or in this case, the freshest bread from the bakery! I fancy a crusty baguette, but feel free to hitch your wagon to whatever bread makes your taste buds tap dance. Bread’s no one-trick pony, so pick your prancing partner!
Next up, let’s crack some eggs into a sizzling pan. My secret? Whisk it like you mean it! Add a dash of milk to make them as fluffy as a summer cloud. Salt, pepper, a smidgen of cheddar, and voila! It’s like a sunny-side up that got a promotion!
Now, hold your horses as we dive into the produce aisle. Let’s grab some vine-ripened tomatoes, crunchy lettuce, and a ripe avocado. These pals will add a burst of vibrant colours, textural contrast and of course, a truckload of nutrients.
Next, the piece de resistance, smoked salmon! Of course, you can’t make an omelette without cracking eggs, but a little smoke and brine never hurt anyone! Stack em’ up high, and there’s your heart-healthy omega 3s!
Assembling the sandwich is the cat’s pajamas – slap those eggs onto the bread, followed by fresh veggies, and top it off with the salmon. Gosh, doesn’t that sound good enough to eat?
Well, butter my biscuits, I can’t wait to dig into this heavenly breakfast! There’s no place like home, especially when it smells like a scrumptious breakfast sandwich! From my kitchen to yours, that’s a wrap – or should I say, breakfast sandwich?!
Let’s Get To Work!
- Gather your ingredients: a freshly baked baguette, 2 eggs, a dash of milk, salt, pepper, a handful of cheddar cheese, a tomato, a few lettuce leaves, half an avocado, and some smoked salmon.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add a dash of milk, and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- As the eggs start to set, sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top. Continue to cook until the eggs are fully set and the cheese is melted.
- While the eggs are cooking, slice the baguette and lightly toast it.
- Slice the tomato and avocado, and tear the lettuce into manageable pieces.
- When the eggs are done, slide them onto one half of the toasted baguette.
- Layer the tomato slices, lettuce, and avocado on top of the eggs.
- Add the smoked salmon as the final layer.
- Top with the other half of the baguette.
- Slice your sandwich in half if you’d like, then enjoy your homemade, fresh and healthy breakfast sandwich!
That was fresh!