There’s nothing I love more than whipping up some good ol’ home-cooked meals for my friends and family. So, last Saturday, as I had the gang coming over, I was excited as a kid in a candy store to try out this brand new recipe I stumbled upon. Picture this: roasted potatoes smothered in a luscious mushroom sauce. Sounds like heaven on a plate, right? Let me tell ya, it was quite the crowd-pleaser!
Well, without further ado, let me walk you through my kitchen adventure in creating these irresistible spuds. First thing’s first: I had to pick the perfect potatoes for the job, which – after much debate – I settled on these lovely, golden Yukon Golds. I washed these bad boys and diced ’em into bite-sized happy cubes. As they say, good things come in small packages!
Before popping these spud-tastic cubes in the oven, they needed a lil’ TLC. With my trusty olive oil, I drizzled on just the right amount to give them a gorgeous, golden crisp. Of course, a dash of garlic powder, paprika, and salt gave our potato gems a well-deserved flavor hug.
Now for the pièce de résistance – the enchanting mushroom sauce! Boy, was that a treat to cook up. While the potatoes were cozying up in the oven, I sautéed some fancily sliced onions and minced garlic with the most divine mushrooms I could find. To turn it into a luscious sauce, I added a generous slosh of cream, chicken stock, and – because why not – a good sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Talk about a mad scientist moment! I felt like a magician when the sauce reached its perfect consistency, and I just couldn’t wait to smother my delightfully crispy golden cubes with it.
The moment of truth? When the gang dug into these heavenly spuds smothered in their magical mushroom sauce, I swear I could hear a choir of angels singing. I tell you, folks, that recipe is a keeper!
So, the next time you’re in the mood for an absolute showstopper, give these scrumptious roasted potatoes with mushroom sauce a whirl – you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cubed potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Ensure they are in a single layer.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Flip them halfway through for even roasting.
- While potatoes are roasting, prepare mushroom sauce in a large skillet.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onions. Cook until they start to soften and become translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until mushrooms have released their moisture and have become tender.
- Stir in cream and chicken stock. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow sauce to simmer until it reaches the desired thickness. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove roasted potatoes from oven when they are done and transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the roasted potatoes, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
That was fresh!