One thing that’s for sure, as someone who loves to cook for my family and friends, there’s nothing better than hearing them rave about the flavors on their plates. Especially when we’re talking about a mouthwatering combo like grilled pork and pineapple – talk about a dynamic duo, am I right?
Now, don’t let the idea of grilling meat and fruit together scare you away from trying this recipe. I mean, have you ever heard of that expression, opposites attract? That’s definitely true in this case, and just like yin and yang, the sweetness of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the tender, savory pork. It’s a match made in heaven for your tastebuds, folks!
So let me walk you through the process of creating these scrumptious skewers that’ll have your loved ones coming back for seconds – or thirds if you’re not careful!
First things first, let’s get our hands on some killer ingredients. You want to make sure you’ve got some fresh, succulent pineapples – the star of the show. Then, choose a nice, juicy cut of pork – I typically go for pork tenderloin, but if you prefer a different cut, go for it. Just remember that cooking times may vary.
Next up, we’ve got the marinade. Trust me, this is where the magic happens. I like to whip up a concoction of fresh lime juice, crushed garlic, olive oil, and honey with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix ’em all together, give your pork a good ol’ bath in this mixture, and let it marinate for a couple of hours. The longer, the better – let those flavors seep in!
Alright, fast forward a bit, and you’ve got your marinated pork and pineapple – it’s time for the main show – grilling! Assemble your skewers by piercing the chunks of pineapple and tenderloin, making sure to alternate between the two. Now, toss ’em on a hot grill and watch the magic happen. You’ll want to give them a flip every few minutes, ensuring an even cook. Patience is key here – and a good pair of heat-resistant gloves, just in case!
Voila! There you have it, grilled pork and pineapple skewers done to perfection. Serve these bad boys right away with a side of salsa or coleslaw, and you’ve got yourself a show-stopping meal that’s sure to impress. Dig in and enjoy, my friends!
- Gather ingredients: fresh pineapple, pork tenderloin (or preferred cut), fresh lime juice, crushed garlic, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare pineapple by cutting into bite-sized chunks; set aside.
- Trim excess fat from pork and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Create marinade by combining fresh lime juice, crushed garlic, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, add pork cubes and pour marinade over, making sure to coat well.
- Let pork marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Assemble skewers, alternating between pineapple chunks and marinated pork cubes.
- Ensure grill grates are cleaned and oiled.
- Grill skewers for approximately 10-12 minutes, rotating every 2-3 minutes for even cooking.
- Check for desired done-ness; pork should be slightly pink in the middle and pineapple should have grill marks and be caramelized.
- Remove skewers from grill and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite salsa or coleslaw, and enjoy!
That was fresh!