You know that comforting feeling when the scent of a warm, cheesy pasta dish wafts through your kitchen as it’s bubbling away in the oven? Well, let me tell ya, there’s nothing quite like preparing my all-time favorite Parmesan cheesy pasta for my nearest and dearest.
First off, let me give you a glimpse of how I go about rustling up this mouth-watering feast that’ll have everyone begging for seconds – if not thirds! It’s no rocket science, but the magic lies in the simplicity of the ingredients and the joy of putting them all together.
So, here’s the scoop. To start off, I grab the freshest veggies I can get my hands on – think ripe cherry tomatoes, zesty spinach, and perhaps a handful of olives to jazz things up. And let’s not forget the star of the show: good ol’ Parmesan cheese. Trust me, folks, nothing beats some freshly grated Parmesan in this magnificent concoction.
Now, don’t get me wrong: I adore indulging in those heavenly cream sauces, but when it comes to whipping up a healthy pasta dish, I opt for a lighter olive oil-based sauce. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Voilà! You’ve got yourself a guilt-free, flavor-packed sauce.
Meanwhile, as the pasta’s boiling away (always al dente, of course), I throw the veggies and sauce into a sizzling pan to let the flavors mesh together beautifully. Once the pasta’s all drained and raring to go, I toss it with the sauce and veggies, making sure every last strand gets generously coated in that heavenly mixture.
Now, for the pièce de résistance! I sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the pasta, watching with delight as it melts into a gooey, fantastic mess. And just like that, my Parmesan cheesy pasta masterpiece is ready to be devoured. Bon appétit, my friends!
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in spinach and olives, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the vegetables and sauce.
- Toss to combine, adding pasta water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Gradually sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pasta, tossing to evenly distribute.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with some extra Parmesan cheese on the side, if desired.
That was fresh!