Let me tell ya, there’s just something about whipping up a delicious carrot and raisin salad that gets me all giddy inside. I mean, not only is this colorful dish a feast for the eyes, but it’s also packed with oodles of nutrients and bursting with vibrant flavors.
Whenever I’m in the mood for a little kitchen shenanigans, carrot and raisin salad is my go-to treat. And you don’t have to be a whiz in the kitchen to pull this off, trust me. With just a few simple ingredients and a generous dollop of TLC, you’ll be on your way to salad heaven in no time.
Now, the first thing to do (and this is literally my favorite part) is to channel your inner Bugs Bunny and get peeling those carrots. Grab yourself one of those handy-dandy peelers and shave away until you hit that delightful bright orange hue. This might seem like a no-brainer, but trust me, I’ve seen some folks attempt this recipe with unpeeled carrots, and it’s nothing short of criminal.
Once you’re done peeling, it’s time to get grating. I find this part oddly therapeutic, but maybe that’s just me! You’ll want to grate those carrots nice ‘n fine – the thinner, the better, because ain’t nobody got time to chew through those big ol’ chunks.
Now comes the magic: mix in a handful of plump raisins and toss the lot gently. You’ll want to ensure it’s all mixed in well, so don’t be afraid to get your hands in there if need be.
For the pièce de résistance, get cracking with a homemade dressing. I like to whip up a concoction of apple cider vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Drizzle it over the salad, give it one last toss, and you’re good to go!
And just like that, you’ve got yourself a delectable carrot and raisin salad, perfect for making your taste buds sing and your friends green with envy. So go forth, friends, and let your culinary prowess shine!
Gather the following ingredients:
- 4 cups grated carrots (about 4-5 large carrots)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped parsley or fresh mint for garnish
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine grated carrots and raisins.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, and extra-virgin olive oil until the dressing is well combined.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot and raisin mixture.
- Toss the salad gently, ensuring that the carrots and raisins are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Option to chill the salad in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Transfer the carrot and raisin salad to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh mint if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
That was fresh!