Ahoy, foodies! I’ve got another scrumptious recipe for y’all from my culinary treasure chest. Fasten your seatbelts because today we’re sailing towards the land of Spinach Egg Boats – the perfect, healthy, warm delight that’ll have your family and friends coming back for seconds!
Before we dive in, let’s gather ’round and chat about spinach. Now, we all know that Popeye swore by this green, leafy goodness. And guess what? It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients that are perfect for your health. So, buckle up buttercup, and let’s get cookin’!
First things first, preheat your oven to 400°F. As it warms up, let me tell y’all this little secret: I love adding some minced garlic and a pinch of chili flakes to the spinach for that extra kick. Spinach can taste a tad plain sometimes – but hey, that’s just between you and me.
Anyhoo, it’s time to gather the rest of our motley crew! Chop up that spinach, grate some cheese (I’m a fan of Gruyere or mozzarella, but you do you), whisk them eggs, and let’s keep rollin’.
Now, sometimes I cheat and use store-bought puff pastry – ’cause in all honesty, getting the perfect puff pastry can be elusive. It’s like finding your lost sock under the washing machine – not always easy. Cut the pastry into squares (roughly 5 inches), then place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Grab your spinach and cook it over medium heat until it’s wilted like a flower under the hot sun. Sprinkle in some salt ‘n” pepper to taste, and mix in that garlic and chili flakes. Let it cool before adding our whisked eggs and cheese to the mixture.
Make sure the filling doesn’t weigh anchor and sink our little boats! So, don’t go overboard, alright? Simply scoop the mixture onto the center of each pastry square, fold up the edges, and voilà! Into the oven they go for about 20-25 minutes. And, by golly, you’ve created a masterpiece!
So go on, serve up those tantalizing Spinach Egg Boats, and watch ’em sail away into a sea of happy taste buds! Enjoy, mates!
- Chop up spinach
- Mince garlic
- Grate cheese (Gruyere or mozzarella)
- Whisk eggs
- Measure a pinch of chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Heat a pan over medium heat
- Add spinach to the pan and cook until wilted
- Mix in minced garlic, chili flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
- Remove pan from heat and let spinach mixture cool slightly
- Stir in whisked eggs and grated cheese to the mixture
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 5-inch squares
- Place puff pastry squares onto a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Spoon spinach, egg, and cheese mixture onto the center of each puff pastry square
- Fold up edges of puff pastry over the filling to form a boat shape
- Bake Spinach Egg Boats for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is set
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving
That was fresh!