Well, butter my biscuits, there’s just nothing quite tickles my fancy like whipping up a batch of bona fide buffalo chicken wings. Just the thought of marinating those little wing-a-dings in a spice mixture that’d blow your socks off is making me hanker for some right away!
First things first, I toss those little cluckers in a bath of cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, and a hefty blob of honey. Now, some might say, Hang on a cotton-picking minute, ain’t buffalo wings supposed to be hot, not sweet? Well, sweet as a peach, I tell ’em, honey isn’t just there to sweeten the deal. No siree, it serves a dual purpose of tenderizing those wings, making ’em juicier than a late-summer peach.
Let ’em snooze in the marinade overnight, rolling them around every now and then, making sure every little nook and cranny is covered to the hilt. That marinade needs to work its magic, and by golly, it does an incredible job when given the time. Come next day, they’re ready to be baked to a crispy perfection.
Now, not to put too fine a point on it, but the oven’s heat has got to be just right – not too hot to burn them to a crisp and not so low that they turn out as rubbery as an old boot. About 400°F hits the sweet spot.
Once they’re out of the oven, I lovingly smother them in a good ol’ traditional Buffalo sauce. Darn tootin’, there’s nothing better than seeing the faces of my kinfolk light up when they bite into my spicy, tangy buffalo wings.
There you have it – homemade buffalo chicken wings that are easy-peasy and finger-lickin’ good. Sheer perfection if you ask me!
- Gather the following ingredients: 2 lbs chicken wings, 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, and 1 cup of traditional Buffalo sauce.
- Start by creating the marinade. Mix together the apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk smoothly.
- Place the chicken wings in a sealable bag. Pour the marinade over them, ensuring all the wings are well covered.
- Seal the bag tightly and place it in the fridge. Allow the wings to marinate overnight, occasionally turning the bag to evenly distribute the marinade.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and shake off the excess.
- Arrange the wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and golden brown.
- Warm up the Buffalo sauce in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Toss the baked wings in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the perfection of original Buffalo chicken wings done your way.
That was fresh!