Well, butter my biscuits, if there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s the delicious aroma wafting from my oven as I’m baking a fresh batch of snickerdoodle cookies. Lord of mercy, the delightful smell of these cinnamon-laced treats is enough to make your mouth water!
Now don’t you get ahead of yourself thinking these cookies are rocket science to make, because they aren’t. After all, half the fun is in the prepping, isn’t it?
First off, let’s talk ingredients. Get yourself some flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, and of course, the stars of the show – cinnamon and sugar! It’s high time you stopped worrying about those pesky calories. Life gets bland without a smidgen of sugar, wouldn’t you agree?
Before you do anything else, preheat that oven of yours to 375°F! Can’t recreate Grandma’s magic without a hot oven.
Mixing these ingredients is a piece of cake! First, whisk your dry ingredients and set them to the side. Then, beat your butter and sugar until they’re as light and fluffy as grandma’s feather pillows. There’s something delightfully therapeutic about the rhythmic mixing process.
Huh? What’s that you’re saying? No, no, my friend. We’re not done yet. We still have those eggs to add and left to mix this concoction into perfection.
Now that you’ve rolled the dough into darling little balls, it’s into the cinnamon and sugar mix for a quick dip. That’s pretty much it. Plop them onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 10 minutes.
Whew! Just talking about it has my stomach grumbling. Well, folks, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the snickerdoodle! Let’s pull up our sleeves and get our hands dirty, shall we?
- Start by gathering all your ingredients. You’ll need:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F to ensure it’s ready when your dough balls are prepared.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set the mixture aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, ensuring they are well incorporated.
- Gradually blend in the dry mixture into the larger bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, prepare the cinnamon-sugar mixture by combining 3 tablespoons of sugar and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Roll your dough into one inch balls and liberally roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture so they are well coated.
- Place the dough balls two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Pop your cookies into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown but still soft.
- Let the cookies cool on baking sheets for a bit, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy your homemade snickerdoodle cookies ideally with a glass of milk, and don’t forget to share with family and friends!
That was fresh!