Well, hot diggity dog! When it comes to dishing up a delectable dinner for my nearest and dearest, I can’t resist diving into the world of spicy, flavorful Cajun cuisine. And let me tell you, my Cajun Seafood Pasta is a surefire crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone clamoring for seconds!
To start, I rummage through my pantry to rustle up the ingredients for my homemade Cajun seasoning. It’s a zesty blend of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a medley of herbs that’ll set your taste buds alight. With my spice mix good to go, it’s time to hit the kitchen and get cookin’!
I heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet and toss in a colorful medley of diced bell peppers, onions, and garlic. I let them sizzle away until they’re tender and fragrant, filling the air with an aroma that’s simply irresistible.
Now, for the main event – the seafood! I add a medley of shrimp, scallops, and chunks of fish to the skillet, giving them a generous dusting of my homemade Cajun seasoning. I cook the seafood to perfection, taking care not to overdo it – nobody wants rubbery shrimp, am I right?
As the seafood sizzles, I get to work on the pasta. I cook up a batch of fettuccine until it’s perfectly al dente and toss it with a splash of olive oil to prevent sticking.
Finally, it’s time to bring it all together! I toss the cooked pasta with the succulent, spicy seafood and veggies, adding a splash of cream and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for a touch of indulgence. The end result? A mouthwatering, Cajun Seafood Pasta dish that’ll transport your taste buds straight to the bayou. Bon appétit, y’all!
- 1 lb. of spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. of crawfish meat (optional)
- 1 lb. of scallops (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of chicken or seafood broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, crawfish (if using), and scallops (if using) to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp are pink and the scallops are opaque, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over seafood mixture, and continue cooking until the seafood is well coated.
- Add the chicken or seafood broth to the skillet and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, and toss until well coated with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve hot.
That was fresh!