Well, butter my biscuit and call it a day! I found a way of transmuting a few simple ingredients into magically mouth-watering delights. We all know life’s too short to eat bad food, so imagine my joy as I mastered, through many a comedy of errors, the brilliant recipe of Slow Cooker Hot Honey Meatballs. Can I get a ‘YUM’?
The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity. Just a wee bit of prep, then bung everything in the slow cooker, and voila!- Welcome to flavor town! Drama-free, but packed with a powerful punch that could knock your taste buds out. Old Mother Hubbard would never have an empty cupboard if she had this recipe.
First off, mix with heart and soul – beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, and black pepper. Shape ‘em up into little balls of yum. You’ll think I’m pulling your leg, but the drama in these humble meatballs boils down to the sauce – a seductive blend of smoky hot sauce and sweet honey, whisked together and then slathered over the meatballs, bathing them in zesty goodness. Then, into the slow cooker they go, as I bid them a fond adieu.
You might be thinking, ump-teen hours in the slow cooker? Let me tell you, your patience will be generously rewarded. It’s like watching a beautiful sunrise after a cold and gloomy night.
The hot honey sauce thickens, the meatballs turn tender and soak up all that spicy-sweet nectar, you’re left with a dish that delivers a delightful surprise with every bite. Then all that’s left to do is to serve them piping hot and watch as my loved ones’ faces light up.
Oh boy, the pleasure’s unparallelled when folks come back for seconds. Now isn’t that the bee’s knees!
- Gather all your ingredients: 1 pound of ground beef, 1 onion (diced), 1 cup of breadcrumbs, 3 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 cup of hot sauce and 1 cup of honey.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, diced onion, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, and black pepper.
- Roll the beef mixture into one-inch balls and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together hot sauce and honey to create the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Place the meatballs in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over them.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and let it cook for approximately 6 hours.
- Halfway through, stir the meatballs to ensure they are fully covered in the sauce.
- After 6 hours, turn off the slow cooker and allow the meatballs to sit for a few minutes to absorb any remaining sauce.
- Serve piping hot with some of the sauce drizzled on top.
- Dig in and enjoy the delicious Slow Cooker Hot Honey Meatballs.
That was fresh!