You know what they say, Variety is the spice of life, and let me tell you, I live for creating mouth-watering dishes that keep my family and friends coming back for more. Just the other day, I whipped up this heavenly Rosemary Lemon Chicken that tickled their taste buds in all the right ways.
Alright guys, hold onto your hats ’cause we aren’t messing around with this one – it’s truly a game-changer! To kick things off, I usually start by prepping the chicken first. I can’t stress this enough; always, always go for those organic, free-range chickens if you’re able. The difference is night and day, my friends. Not only are you treating your taste buds, but it’s also a healthier choice all around.
Now let’s dive into the marinade, shall we? The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity – a mix of fresh lemon juice, zesty lemon zest, olive oil, minced garlic, and, of course, the pièce de résistance – a generous pinch of finely minced rosemary. Oh boy, if you could just smell the fragrant aroma of rosemary paired with that tangy lemon, you would be drooling already!
I usually let the chicken marinate in this heavenly blend for at least a couple of hours. Trust me, the longer it takes, the better it gets! Good things do come to those who wait, after all.
Well, time flies when you’re having fun, and before you know it, it’s time to crank up that oven and send our chicken on its way. But for goodness’ sake, don’t forget to season with a little salt and pepper! I always say, you can never have too much flavor in your life!
And there you have it – after about 45 minutes of basking in the warm embrace of the oven, the Rosemary Lemon Chicken is ready to steal the show. The moment you serve it up to your family and friends, you know you’ve hit a home run. I mean, who could resist the crispy, golden skin, the tender, juicy meat, and that tantalizing marriage of rosemary and lemon? Certainly not me!
- 3-4 pounds of organic, free-range chicken
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by prepping the chicken:
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels
- Place in a large baking dish or tray
- Create the marinade:
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, minced garlic, and minced rosemary
- Pour the marinade over the chicken:
- Rub the marinade into the chicken, ensuring all areas are well coated
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing it to marinate for at least 2 hours, or ideally, overnight
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator:
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Optionally, place lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary on top for added flavor and presentation
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C):
- Baste chicken with the juices from the pan occasionally for added moisture and flavor
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving
- Plate and serve, garnishing with additional sprigs of rosemary and lemon slices, if desired
- Enjoy the delicious, mouthwatering Rosemary Lemon Chicken!
That was fresh!