Oh, the tantalizing aroma of garlic butter shrimp! You know that familiar sizzle and smell, the kind that makes everyone’s taste buds do a little dance. And when it comes to cooking for my loved ones, ain’t nothing like whipping up a dish that not only tastes amazing, but also infuses the whole house with that irresistible scent of rich, savory goodness.
Now, I don’t know about y’all, but I’m all about fresh and healthy foods. So let me tell ya, my garlic butter shrimp recipe is the bee’s knees! It’s packed with flavor yet uncomplicated, making it perfect for a weekday dinner, a cozy weekend night in, or even to wow guests at a potluck.
First things first: You’ve got to start with the freshest ingredients, no excuses. I mean, come on, this dish is all about the shrimp! So head on down to your local fishmonger (or at least the seafood section of your trusty grocery store) and snag yourself a pound of those succulent little bites. And, of course, don’t forget the garlic! You heard it here first: There’s no such thing as too much garlic when it comes to this recipe.
Now, on to the fun part: preparing the shrimp. First, give them a proper rinse, and then pat ’em dry with a paper towel. Make sure to remove any residual veins and shells, ’cause no one wants a mouthful of that!
Then, in a large pan, melt a few tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Here’s where the magic begins: Toss in your minced garlic – go on, be generous – and let those flavors meld together for a minute or so. Trust me, it’ll be worth it.
Next, chuck the shrimp into the pan and cook ’em up, making sure to stir occasionally to get that buttery garlic goodness coated all over. Once they’re all pink and lovely, it’s time to season with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of parsley. Give it another good stir, and by golly, you’ve got yourself a scrumptious, delectable batch of garlic butter shrimp!
All that’s left to do now is plate it up, gather your loved ones, and savor the flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: lemon wedges for serving
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove any residual veins and shells from shrimp.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic to pan and cook for one minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add shrimp to pan, stirring occasionally to evenly coat with garlic butter mixture.
- Cook shrimp until pink and cooked through, approximately 2-4 minutes per side.
- Season with salt to taste and stir in chopped parsley.
- Remove from heat and transfer garlic butter shrimp to a serving platter.
- Optional: garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
That was fresh!