Oh, it’s that time again, isn’t it? When the family troops over to my place, eager for a hearty meal and some delightful banter. Well, they’re in for a treat this time! I’ve been flipping through my Foods I’d Die For notebook and stumbled upon an old friend – the fantastic Asparagus Baked Salmon. Alright, strap in folks, ’cause we’re about to go on a mouth-watering ride!
The inspiration for this marvelous dish came to me like a light bulb moment while I was perusing the farmer’s market last Saturday. The vibrant, fresh asparagus practically yelled from the stand, Hey you, stranger! Think of the possibilities, the combinations, the wonders you could create with me in your kitchen! Who am I to ignore such a passionate plea? And so, my ever-faithful asparagus and I embarked on this culinary adventure to create a healthy, delightful treat for my dear ones.
First things first, though – one can’t just throw asparagus and salmon together and call it a day! Oh no, we need to work some magic, add a touch of pizzazz! So let’s start by marinating that fresh, succulent salmon in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Trust me, folks, this mix will make your taste buds swoon.
While the salmon’s getting all cozy in its flavorful bath, let’s prep the hero of the hour – the fabulous, crisp asparagus spears. A little tip for you fellow foodies: bending and snapping the asparagus near its base ensures that you get rid of the tough, fibrous ends, leaving only the tender parts to grace our dish.
Now we’re cooking! Line a baking tray with parchment paper, getting down to business arranging our marinated salmon fillets surrounded by our valiant asparagus spears all snug as a bug. But wait, we’re not done dolling up our masterpiece just yet! Let’s drizzle some melted butter and lemon zest over that tray full of deliciousness. I can almost hear the violins playing as it bakes in the oven.
Finally, the pièce de résistance – plating this culinary work of art with pride and joy, knowing that our loved ones will savor every last bite as we spend another evening relishing their company. And that, my friends, is the tantalizing tale of my Asparagus Baked Salmon. Bon appétit!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced, and zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Optional: fresh dill or parsley for garnish
Marinate the salmon fillets:
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Place salmon fillets in a shallow dish, pour marinade over them
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours for best flavor
Preheat the oven:
- Set the oven to 400°F (200°C)
Prepare the asparagus:
- Snap off and discard tough ends by bending each spear near its base
- Rinse asparagus spears in cold water, pat dry with a paper towel
Assemble the baking tray:
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Arrange marinated salmon fillets in the center of the tray, skin side down
- Surround salmon with asparagus spears, arranging them in a single layer
Drizzle with melted butter and lemon zest:
- Pour melted butter over salmon and asparagus
- Sprinkle lemon zest for an extra burst of flavor
- Place baking tray in preheated oven
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork
Garnish and serve:
- Remove from oven, transfer to serving plates
- Add a sprinkle of fresh dill or parsley, if desired – Enjoy!
That was fresh!